one crore is how many million
Best Results From Wikipedia Yahoo Answers
One million (1,000,000) or one thousand thousand, is the natural number following 999,999 and preceding 1,000,001. The word is derived from the early Italianmillione (milione in modern Italian), from mille, "thousand", plus the augmentative suffix -one.
The million is sometimes used in the English language as a metaphor for a very large number, as in "Never in a million years" and "You're one in a million", or a hyperbole, as in "I've walked a million miles" and "You've asked the million dollar question".
Visualizing one million
Even though it is often stressed that counting to precisely a million would be an exceedingly tedious task due to the time and concentration required, there are many ways to bring the number "down to size" in approximate quantities, ignoring irregularities or packing effects.
- Information: Not counting spaces, the text on 136 pages of an EncyclopÃ¦dia Britannica, or 600 pages of pulp paperback fiction contains approximately one million characters.
- Length: There are one million millimeters in a kilometer, and roughly a million sixteenths of an inch in a mile. A typical cartire might rotate a million times in a 1,200 mile trip, while the engine would do several times that number of revolutions.
- Area: A square a thousand objects or units on a side contains a million such objects or square units, so a million holes might be found in less than three square yards of window screen, or similarly, in about one half square foot (400â€“500 cm2) of bed sheet cloth. A city lot 70 by 100 feet is about a million square inches.
- Volume: The cube root of one million is only one hundred, so a million objects or cubic units is contained in a cube only a hundred objects or linear units on a side. A million grains of table salt or granulated sugar occupies only about 64 ml, slightly over a quarter of a cup, the volume of a cube one hundred grains on a side. One million cubic inches would be the volume of a small room only 8.5 foot by 8.5 foot by 8 foot high.
- Mass: A million cubic millimetres (one litre) of water has a mass of one kilogram. A million millilitres or cubic centimetres (one cubic metre of water has a mass of a million grams or one tonne.
- Weight: A million 80 milligram Honey bees would weigh the same as an 80 kg person.
- Landscape: A pyramidal shaped hill 600 feet wide at the base and 100 feet high would weigh about a million tons.
- Computer: A display resolution of 1,280 by 800 pixels contains 1,024,000 pixels.
- Money: A USD bill of any denomination weighs 1 gram. There are 454 grams in a pound. One million $1 bills would weigh in at 2,202.64 pounds, or just over 1 ton.
A Million to One has been covered by many artists and some versions were charted hits on the Billboard Hot 100 (peak positions indicated below).
- Patti Austin
- Five Stairsteps (1968) Peaked at #68
- Brian Hyland (1969) Peaked at #90
- Donny Osmond (1973) Peaked at #23
- Jermaine Jackson (1973)
- J. R. Bailey (1977)
- Selena (1986)
- New Edition (1986)
From Yahoo Answers
Answers:10 lakhs = 1 million 1 crore = 10 millions and 1 billion = 100 millions
Answers:1 CRORE IS EQUIVALENT TO 10 MILLIONS.
Answers:1 million = 10 lac 1 crore = 10 million 10 crore = 100 million
Answers:1 crore = 10 Millions... 1 Crore = 0.1 Billion