free math equation writer
Best Results From
Yahoo Answers Youtube
From Yahoo Answers
Question:My sister needs help on these story problems using systems of equations.
1. A work crew of 5 bricklayers and 3 carpenters earns $891 for a job. Another crew of 12 bricklayers and 4 carpenters earns $1748 on the same job. how much would be paid to a crew of 2 bricklayers and 5 carpenters?
2. Aaron has 16 coins in his pocket that total $2.95. If he only has dimes and quarters, how much money does he have just in quarters?
3. In the 2000-2001 season, Minnesota's Katie Smith was ranked first in the WNBA for total points and three-pointers made. She scored 646 points making 355 total shots, which includes 3-point baskets, 2-point baskets, and single point free throws. Katie made 37 more free throws than 2-point goals, so how many points did she score with just her league leading 3-pointers?
Answers:1. b = bricklayer pay rate, c = carpenter pay rate.
5b + 3c = 891
12b + 4c = 1748
Multiply top equation by 4, bottom equation by 3:
20b + 12c = 3564
36b + 12c = 5244
Subtract top equation from bottom equation:
16b = 1680; b = 105.
Substituting into either equation, we get c = 122.
Therefore (2)(105) + (5)(122) = $820.
2. d = number of dimes; q = number of quarters.
d + q = 16
10d + 25q = 295 cents.
Multiply the top equation by 10:
10d + 10q = 160;
Subtract this from the 2nd equation:
15q = 135
q = 9. Aaron has 9 quarters worth $2.25.
3. Let a = number of free throws made, b = number of two point shots made, and c = number of three point shots made.
a + b + c = 355 shots made (eq 1)
a + 2b + 3c = 646 points scored. (eq 2)
Since there were 37 more free throws than 2-pointers, then
a - b = 37. (eq 3)
Multiply equation 1 by 3:
3a + 3b + 3c = 1065 (eq 4)
Subtract equation 2 from equation 4:
2a + b = 419 (eq 5)
Add equation 3 to equation 5:
3a = 456;
Solving, a = 152 free throws made.
Using equation 3:
152 - b = 37;
Solving, b = 115 two point shots made.
Using equation 1:
152 + 115 + c = 355;
Solving, c = 88 three point shots made,
or 3 * 88 = 264 points from three point shots made.
Question:6.) 8 + 4m = 9m - 7
10.) 5h - 7 = 2 (h = 1)
12.) 7 (r + 7) = 5r + 59
14.) 5 (n = 2) = 3/5(5 + 10n)
Math algebra equations help
Answers:6.) 8 + 4m = 9m - 7
8 =5m - 7
3 = m
10. 5h - 7 = 2( h + 1) -distrutive Prop.-
5h - 7 = 2h + 2
-2h +7 -2h +7
3h = 9
12. 7 (r +7) = 5r + 59
7r + 49 = 5r + 59
-5r -49 -5r -49
2r = 10
r = 5
14. 5 (n + 2) = 3/5(5 + 10n)
5n + 10 = 3 +6n
-5n -3 -3 -5n
7 = n Feel free to look over it.
Question:My math text book does not give explanations for the practice problems and I would really like to see where I am going wrong. Does anybody know of a free equation solver that goes step by step through the solution? I have tried algebra.com and it didn't work so well.
Question:Hi guys - I'm searching for a really crazy/difficult math equation/question but the answer must be 407. Help!! If you have one or can make one up that'd be amazing!
Thanks and good luck! Hi guys - I'm searching for a really crazy/difficult math equation/question but the answer must be 407. Help!! If you have one or can make one up that'd be amazing! Feel free to use any math method available. It just has to work and the answer has to be 407.
Thanks and good luck! I like Ryanker's idea of using the Pythagorean Theorem - but what would that look like? Help! (I'm not a math whiz obviously :-)
Answers:Let's make it simple....406 + 1 = 407
Free Math Lessons Solving Absolute Value Equations :sites.google.com These videos are intended to be used for anyone who wants, or needs to learn mathematics. These lessons will start with Algebra, and then move on to Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, and Calculus.
Free Math Lessons Story of Balancing Equations :sites.google.com These videos are intended to be used for anyone who wants, or needs to learn mathematics. These lessons will start with Algebra, and then move on to Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, and Calculus.