Examples of Uniform and Non Uniform MotionMotion is anybody or thing moving. May it moving in any direction, any speed, if the body is moving it is in motion. Now there can be many types of motion. Broadly we can classify them into two categories They are –
2. Non Uniform motion
Before we dive in to examples of uniform and non-uniform motion let us first understand both the types of motion and the major difference between them This will help us identify the actual distinctions and indeed help in identifying the exact one.
If a body is moving in uniform motion the following conditions should be met –
So Speed = D / T = K (Constant)
Let us take a few more examples of uniform and non-uniform motion.
- A horse running in a race may be an example of non-uniform motion.
- The merry go round is also non uniform motion.
- My Ferrari moving with a constant or same speed on a straight road without changing direction will be uniform motion.
- The aircraft moving is non-uniform motion if it is moving with different speed.
- Another example could be a car in a drag race, covering equal distances and that too with equal intervals of time.
- Dragging a box on a straight path is uniform motion, given it is dragged at a constant speed. If the speed varies during the drag then it will be non-uniform motion.