equation of potassium iodide and hydrogen peroxide
Best Results From
Yahoo Answers Youtube
From Yahoo Answers
Question:What is the activation energy of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and potassium iodide (KI)?
Answers:Visit these sites to learn more about chemistry formulas and concepts that can help you in regards to your problem:
Question:What I know:
vol of hydrogen peroxide sample is 8.72ml
mass of hydrogen peroxide sample is 8.72g
barometric pressure in lab is 764.29 mm HG
temp in lab is 21 celcius
vol of oxygen gas collected is 99.4 mL
1) How many moles of oxygen were collected
n= .0821 x 284 divided by 1atm x 99.4 mL
that doesnt seem right :(
2) using the balanced equation (there is twice as much h202 needed as o2 produced). What is the molarity of the hydrogen peroxide solution?
It would be double my answer in #1, but i dont think that answer is right
3) what is the mass percent hydrogen peroxide if the density is 1.00g/ml
4) calculate the volume of oxygen gas that would be produced upon the decomposition of 10ml of 30%(m/m) aqueous hydrogen peroxide solution. Assume the gas is collected at 1atm and 25 degrees celcius and density of hydrogen peroxide is 1.11g/mL.
Answers:I1) PV = nRT
n = PV/RT. I think you got it upside down.
Convert P to atm, V to L, if you are using R in L atm mol-1 K-1. ALWAYS write down the units and you won't go wrong.
2) Take number of moles in (1). Double it cos q tells you to. then use
molarity x volume (L) = number of moles.
That should get you started.
Question:What are the oxidation, reduction, and net ionic reactions for a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, sulfuric acid, and potassium iodide?
Answers:Keep trying!!! :D
Question:My lab partner and I have to do two experiments for our AP Chemistry class: Elephant Toothpaste and Dragon Breath. I was wondering if there are any labs in NYC that sell 30% Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium (or Potassium) Iodide, and Lycopodium Powder. Thanks!
Answers:You will not find anyone that will sell it to students. You will need to get your teacher to get it or order it from a chemcial supply house. NY should have supply houses listed in the yellow pages.
Hydrogen Peroxide and Potassium Iodide :Hydrogen Peroxide (100vol), Potassium Iodide (SLR) and Washing Up Liquid (Cheap Crap!) in a 2L Measuring Cylinder.
reaction of POTASSIUM IODIDE & HYDROGEN PEROXIDE/ elephant toothpaste :Potassium iodide (reagent) put into a volimetric flask containing a mixture of consentrated Hydrogen peroxide and soap.