Your shopping cart is empty!
Advantages of Non Conventional Sources of Energy
Non-conventional energy sources are energy sources that are natural, inexhaustible and restorable source of energy. Examples of non-conventional energy are solar energy, wind energy, and tidal energy. Tidal energy and wind energy are being used as energy sources from a long time.
Wind mills were used to bail out water and to pound grains. Flowing water and wind were used to detect direction. At present, some of the important non-conventional sources that are winds, tides, solar heat, biomass from animal waste, waste from agriculture and human waste.
Biogas can be produced using the disposals produced from urban areas. Non-conventional energy sources are renewable sources of energy; they are unlimited, restorable and are economical.
Solar Energy - Sun is most abundant source of energy; it is a global energy source and has huge potential. Some of the effective and efficient uses of solar energy are water heating, cooking of food, heating, solar batteries, drying of harvest, etc.
Tidal Energy - Tidal energy is a renewable source of energy. The water is used to run and power turbines to generate electricity using water.
Wind Energy - It is a popular form of non-conventional energy sources. Wind energy is used to draw water, to generate electricity. Places which have fast and regular winds are suitable to this kind of power generation.
Geothermal Energy - is the heat at the inner crust of the earth. This energy appears in the hot springs.
Biomass Energy - Biomass is the waste material from all plants and animals which is considered as an energy source. Biogas is generated from these wastes. Some of the kinds of biomass are wood, urban waste, farm and animal waste, agricultural waste, etc.
Advantages of Non-conventional Energy Sources are:
Renewable energy sources are abundant in nature.
- They are renewable sources of energy.
- They can be renewed with less effort and money.
- Usage of these non-conventional energy sources does not cause pollution and are eco-friendly.
- They are inexhaustible resources.
- There is no depletion of natural resources.
- Does not cause harm to the ecosystem.
- The energy sources are sustainable and will never run out.
- They require less maintenance and reduce the cost of operation.
- The produce very little or no waste products like carbon dioxide and other pollutants and have minimal effect on the environment.
- They can be economically beneficial to many regional areas.