Your shopping cart is empty!
Advantages and Disadvantages of PetrolPetrol is a transparent liquid which is derived from petroleum and it used as a fuel in internal combustion engines. The main constituents of petrol are organic compounds which are obtained by the process of fractional distillation of petroleum.
Advantages of Petrol:
- Though there is rapid rise in cost of petroleum, it is still cheaper than any other fuel.
- Petrol has higher density than any other energy form of energy.
- It is relatively safe of store, carry and dispense.
- Petrol is obtained from distillation process which is not difficult to make.
- The process of production of petrol does not need rare materials and the process does not involve letting out byproducts that are dangerous to the environment.
- Petrol makes an excellent source of organic molecules which can be used for building plastics, fiber, medicines, etc.
- Petrol can withstand high heats without breakdown and it makes useful lubricants like engine oil and grease.
- The residues of petrol make good surface for pavement roads and also as waterproof materials for roof.
- Certain petrol components make brilliant solvents for paint, industrial uses etc.
- Other components of petrol like the propane and butane make very good compact source of portable cooking fuel and heating.
- Natural gas obtained is used to make fertilizers which are used in agriculture and household detergents.
Disadvantages of Petrol:
- Supply of is decreasing and one will petrol supplies will be exhausted.
- There is a high demand of petrol.
- Price of petrol is increasing everyday.
- Burning of petrol affects the environment as it produces carbon.
- Petrol is a carbon based fuel and burning of this fuel increases the production of CO2 which is a greenhouse gas and is said to cause global warming.
- There are many wars fought over oil and it is having a negative influence on relations between nations.
- Transport of petrol is dangerous.
- Oil spills during extraction of crude oil or transportation have catastrophic effects on the affected areas.
- Crude oil producing areas are at chances of having severe weather conditions.
- Petrol contains some cancer causing compounds like benzene.
- The volatile components of petrol cause smog.